• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mamaleia

mamaleia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:48 PM

Saludos! Our family of 3 is in the process of relocating to San Pancho. Things seem to be moving in a positive direction in our search for an affordable long term rental in the area and we are very excited to meet the teachers and families of the Escuela del Mundo. My next question is in regards to employment. I saw another thread on this topic, with encouraging responses, but I wanted to see if anyone had any specific ideas as to particular hotels, restaurants or other local businesses to visit when we arrive (in November). I was born in Tepic, have dual citizenship, and am bilingual- so I feel very hopeful that if there are jobs to be had, I would be considered a good candidate. All of my work experience has been in the realm of childcare and hospitality, and I have experience working as concierge in a Mexican Resort (Inn at Loreto Bay). I most recently worked at a small family owned winery, for 3 years, and greatly enjoy food and wine. I am a very active person, and am happiest working in the bustling environment of a hotel or restaurant in the busy season. I have been a full time stay at home mom for the past 2 years, though...it's been five years since I've embarked on a job search and I'm having trouble even remembering what it's like:) Any thoughts on the subject (or prayers:) would be appreciated. We look forward to meeting you and becoming a part of the community! Muchas gracias, Leia

#2 anonimouse

anonimouse

Advanced Member

• San Pancho Residents
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

I am looking for a secretary in a Real Estate office in San Pancho, has the hustle on occasion.
Fred@flfeibel.com
311 258 4041

#3 soulpatch

soulpatch

Advanced Member

• San Pancho Residents
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 05:11 PM

So how did it go with the relocation and long term rental?
We, too, are considering this move and we would love to read about your experience.

View Postmamaleia, on 09 October 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

Saludos! Our family of 3 is in the process of relocating to San Pancho. Things seem to be moving in a positive direction in our search for an affordable long term rental in the area and we are very excited to meet the teachers and families of the Escuela del Mundo. My next question is in regards to employment. I saw another thread on this topic, with encouraging responses, but I wanted to see if anyone had any specific ideas as to particular hotels, restaurants or other local businesses to visit when we arrive (in November). I was born in Tepic, have dual citizenship, and am bilingual- so I feel very hopeful that if there are jobs to be had, I would be considered a good candidate. All of my work experience has been in the realm of childcare and hospitality, and I have experience working as concierge in a Mexican Resort (Inn at Loreto Bay). I most recently worked at a small family owned winery, for 3 years, and greatly enjoy food and wine. I am a very active person, and am happiest working in the bustling environment of a hotel or restaurant in the busy season. I have been a full time stay at home mom for the past 2 years, though...it's been five years since I've embarked on a job search and I'm having trouble even remembering what it's like:) Any thoughts on the subject (or prayers:) would be appreciated. We look forward to meeting you and becoming a part of the community! Muchas gracias, Leia

#4 mamaleia

mamaleia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

View Postsoulpatch, on 31 December 2011 - 05:11 PM, said:

So how did it go with the relocation and long term rental?
We, too, are considering this move and we would love to read about your experience.

Hola! Sorry about the 3 month delay on the reply:) Just got back on this forum. Our relocation has gone really well- we ended up finding a really neat rental just outside of Sayulita, lots of land and lovely house. I am working in,  and teaching yoga at, a nice liitle hotel in Sayulita. We are now actively searching for a home in San Pancho, though, as we feel more of a draw to that town. It is quieter and we just really enjoy the vibe of the place. You're welcome to contact me at leiazoe@hotmail.com if you'd like to communicate more about the experience. Cheers, Leia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users