• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jon

jon

• San Pancho Residents
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:09 PM

Does anyone have a recommendation for an optician, maybe an english speaking one? Thanks!

#2 Franny B

Franny B

Advanced Member

• San Pancho Residents
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (jon @ Jun 30 2010, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone have a recommendation for an optician, maybe an english speaking one? Thanks!

Headed south on 200 through Bucerias, see the Optica sign on the right.  Sorry, I don't have my reference book with me to give you the name of the ophthalmologist nor the specific address/phone number.   The exam was thorough, the service prompt, the price similar to the US, but no charge for the exam if you purchase glasses there.  This might be a considerable savings for you unless you have insurance coverage for eye exams when in the US/Canada.   When I returned to the US I had my new lenses compared to the prescription written for the ones I lost while in MX and they were very accurate.  

#3 Judith Anderson

Judith Anderson

Advanced Member

• San Pancho Residents
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:50 AM

For years I have used Devlyn at Plaza Marina . . . I think the name has been changed, but the doctors are the same.  It is two doors to the left as you are facing DHL.  Their exams are always included in the price of your glasses, and their glasses are always the same price as they would be in the USA, even at the bargain places.  I have always felt the prescription was right-on and accurate.  And they always have a decent selection of frames.

Though I have not used them, I have also heard good reviews about the optical department at COSTCO.  I would comparison-shop, though, as the COSTCO here in Mexico can be more expensive than what we are used to paying the USA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users